Tuesday 24 March 2015

~*Evaluation Question 1*~

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

 The audience for my magazine is targeted at around the age of from about 16 early 25 year olds. Almost all of   and VIBE's readership is from around this age gap. There magazines are very successful, therefore I want to fit my model my magazine to fit this social group.

There mode of address is however quiet an informative one, but to fit my magazine to reach the lower half of the age group, I want to make it formal but in a chatty tone so young people are attracted to reading my magazine and can easily understand no matter how intellectual they are.

My magazine is aimed at both genders as it is filled with things for both male and female artists loved by both genders. The music genre for my magazine covers all areas such as Rn'B and rap, as it focuses on new artists and current news from current popular artists.

The magazine content is mainly focused around what my target audience wants, such as interviews with big stars, reviews on festivals and concerts. My magazine however does not cover much classical music as from the research I conducted, I found that it was not popular within the teenage community; therefore it is featured in my magazine, however only in small doses and occasionally compared to other popular genres, as the audience wouldn’t be too interested in it from the results.

The design of my magazine is quite a simple front page as I didn’t want to make it to cluttered. However I still wanted to make it attractive to a young audience, so I filled it will different text types and shapes etc. Images are used quite simply, but effectively.

Like VIBE magazine, they are used to separate boring and long winded text so the user is still attracted to reading it without thinking its to much writing so they don’t want to read it. Also images are used to create posters. My magazine will feature pull out posters of artists, which the younger generation may buy to decorate there rooms with, therefore appealing to a big range of people.

The colour scheme of different shades of re, black and white is continued throughout my magazine as the user can identity the colour to the magazine in time to come. The style of writing throughout my magazine will continue to be informative, but chatty and friendly so it appeals to a younger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment