Wednesday 25 March 2015

~*Evaluation Question 4*~



Who would be the audience of your media product?

The target audience of my media product is anyone between the ages of 16 to 25. This is because although a new wave of artists have come and changed the dynamics of this genre by adding their own twist in the craft, they’ve also stayed within the conventions of the genre so people who may be older and would enjoy the more older hip hop tracks can enjoy the magazine because it’ll feature certain artist from that particular era and also someone who is younger may enjoy the newer urban artists and can find that the magazine appeals to them as well. I have also chosen this age group as my earlier research into the genre, hip-hop, informed me that its growth in popularity in was the 90’s - this means that people who were in their teens at that time are aware of this genre and anyone who was born in the 90’s and grew up with this music when it was at its peak, like myself, will enjoy the genre. Hip-hop may have a disproportionate number of male artists to female artists belonging to this genre, but it is enjoyed and listened to by an audience equally made up of all genders. This particular issue may appeal more to a female audience. This was a conscious decision I made after doing research into magazines and had found that many urban, hip-hop and Rn’b magazines featured more male artists on their covers, in their articles and I feel that the features appealed more to a male audience. I guess saw this opening in the market and wanted to create something that a female audience may enjoy more and may be able to relate to. My magazine is a monthly magazine consisting of 40 pages and priced at £2.15. I gave it this price to challenge the convention to have a price that ends in 99p and also because as a monthly magazine it should be affordable for students.

No comments:

Post a Comment